So, I've gotten to the point where I've realized that in a couple of months, I will actually be giving birth and will have a child for the rest of my life. I know, I've had 29 weeks to realize this, but before it just seemed like I had such a long time. Now I'm like, oh crap, I have two months to decorate a nursery, read all my books, organize and clean my house, pack my bag, prepare for my baby, prepare my husband, and turn into this supermom. I'm a bit overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, there is a part of me that is very excited about having a baby. It's what I've always wanted. But the other side of me is nervous and scared as hell. First, I don't know what to do with a baby. This person is going to be dependent on me every hour of every day and I've never had that before. How do I do this? Second, my life is going to be so different. I've had the freedom to do what I want, when I want, how I want. If I don't get it done today, I can do it tomorrow, etc. There is none of that anymore. Third, every decision that I make it going to affect my baby and my husband. Will I make the right choice? How will people judge me? What if I make a mistake?
Take for instance, labor. I really want to give birth naturally but, at the same time, I'm scared to death of the pain and everything that comes with giving birth. Maybe it would be easy for me just to get an epidural and be done with it. But, then I will have to admit, that I couldn't do it without the medication. I will be judged by others. Will I be looked down upon? Will I be supported? The stress of it all is making me crazy.
To top it all off, I feel so alone. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and he is supporting me however he can. But all these decisions are left to me. And I don't know what to do. And, I know, it's never going to get easier. The only thing getting me through this is the love that I do have for my baby. I'm just scared about what it's going to be like when he's no longer inside me and it's not so easy anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment